Friday, June 25, 2010

To write or not to write

Wikipedia defines the word blog as:

A blog (a portmanteau of the term "web log") is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

People blog about anything these days, but most people create a blog to express feelings, emotions, thoughts, cares, etc. That was my intention when I started my blog, but I still find it hard sometimes.

There are so many things that I think about, experience, hope for.... that I'd love to be able to express, but it's harder than it seems. I find myself wanting to write about something I'm thinking about and then I think, "No, that's too sappy." "Don't write about... it may hurt someone's feelings." "Can't write that, what if so-and-so reads it!"

I've been told over and over that I care too much about what other people think and that I'm too much of a pleaser. I agree. I'm aware of these characteristics I hold. Now, I've just got to overcome them. This is my first post in almost two weeks. That is partially because I've been slaving away at work and haven't really had time to write, but the main reason is because my filter is in full force.

Here's to me opening up and writing more. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment