Monday, November 1, 2010

Funny the Way it Is

"Funny the way it is, whether right or wrong, somebody's broken heart becomes your favorite song."
-Dave Matthews Band

It seems like no matter what we're going through in life, we always come across that one song (or several) that exactly sums up how we feel. Although I'm not exactly suffering from a broken heart at the moment, I can absolutely relate to the passion in these two songs.
I've been there.
I've felt those emotions.
I've thought those words.
I love these songs.
No one can honestly say whether the writers of these songs were truly experiencing the emotions they are conveying, but someone was. Some may say the lyrics are sad, depressing, or melancholy, but I believe they're empowering.

Two of my favorite songs:





No comments:

Post a Comment