Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge



30 Day Challenge to get me back in the game... And, no, I don't mean the 30 Day Shred, thanks anyway, Jillian. I've been trying to get back into the habit of blogging, but I just never feel like I have anything exciting to write about.... until this week. I've just been too busy to write!




Quick Recap:




B went down to New Orleans last weekend for his brother and future sister-in-law's crawfish boil/wedding shower. I had to work, so I couldn't go. When I woke up Sunday afternoon around 2, I started planning dinner because I knew B should be home soon. Texted B's phone with a simple, "When will you be home?" A few seconds later, he's calling. I answer and hear:


"Morgan, This is Shawn. B had a little accident early this morning. He won't be coming home today. He's in the hospital in New Orleans."


I was positive this was a joke and B was about to get on the phone and say "Haha, just kidding. I'm leaving now." But as Shawn continued with details about what happened, the reality was setting in. After talking to Shawn and Jason and having both of them tell me it wasn't necessary for me to come down there, I had a mild breakdown. Faye, a.k.a. the best sister on the planet, told me to pull it together, take a shower, pack a bag, and get in the car because she was taking me to New Orleans. On the way down there Shawn, Jason, and Sam kept me updated about B's condition. I had another mild panic attack when I got the news he was being admitted to ICU overnight. But everyone kept assuring me that he was fine. We made it to the hospital with 30 minutes left for visiting hours. He was discharged Monday morning and we made it home to Oxford Monday night. We're having a bit of a rough recovery with shoulder pain and headaches, but we're going to be fine. He doesn't know how lucky he his to have a personal nurse. I should make sure he knows how much home health nurses make per hour, haha.




Faye is hosting the 30 Day Picture Challenge and the 30 Day Song Challenge. Yes, I'm a little late, but I'm hoping this jump starts me into blogging every day.



Picture Challenge Day 1: A photo of yourself along with 10 facts.




1. I am a procrastinator.


2. I have a chronic disease.


3. I love to cook.


4. I'm afraid to be outside alone at night.


5. I wish I had never quit piano lessons.


6. I love it when people tell me I look like Sophia Bush


7. I get really shy when people compliment me.


8. My accent changes depending on who I'm talking to.


9. I wish I had gone to Medical School.


10. I turned down my dream job because I don't like change.



Song Challenge Day 1: Your favorite song.


I have so many favorites, it's hard to pick just one,


but I think I'll go with "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri



Picture Challenge Day 2: A photo of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.




Song Challenge Day 2: Your least favorite song.


"Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment