Monday, May 3, 2010

Tell me about yourself

One of the hardest things for me to do is talk about myself.

The basic questions are easy:

1. Where are you from? Pontotoc
2. Where did you go to school? Ole Miss
3. What do you do? I'm a nurse

Blah, blah, blah

It's the questions that require an opinionated answer that make my thoughts scramble and words disappear.

Examples:
1. What do you like to do for fun? uhh, anything fun???
2. What do you look for in a guy? ummm, one that treats me right???
3. What do you think about the new healthcare bill? hmmm...????

Ok. Here comes the surprise. I'm a little self-conscious when it comes to talking about myself. Who knew? It's not that I sit around in a dark room all day sulled up afraid to face the world and overcome by my insecurities. That's not the case at all. I just have trouble talking to people about my opinions.

I've been told numerous times:
"I thought you were quiet and shy, until I got to know you!"

Semi-compliment?

Truth is- it takes time for me to warm up to someone before I can actually open up and talk about my opinions and feelings, tell jokes, and drop the occasional one-liner.
But when I do, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment